1. “The Beat Goes On” by Britney Spears – I always liked this song as a throwback to the 1960s and 1970s. That must be because it’s a cover of Sonny & Cher‘s The Beat Goes On.
2. “College Kids” by Relient K – Always always always loved this song. Even in high school. It’s all about straying from the norm, which was a comforting message.
3. “Vessels” by Freelance Whales – Instrumental track. Mmm, banjo.
4. “Golden Years” by David Bowie – This man has such a voice! I enjoy jamming out to his music.
5. “Proctor Rd.” by The Matches – A Band in Hope is such a powerful album. My friend Tracey introduced me to this band and I’ve loved them ever since. Sadly, they broke up a few years ago! Cries.
I couldn’t find a video of this song that wasn’t a live-shaky-cam.
6. “Birmingham (We Are Safe)” by David Crowder*Band – This is one of those happy dance songs. The musicianship of DC*B songs is so great. I love that they throw bits of electronic noises into their songs.
7. “Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?” by She & Him – They play songs that make me want to just lay on the floor all day. Good zone-out music! I love Zooey’s voice with M. Ward’s musical stylings.